Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome back and Happy New Year

January 10, 2010 03:12AM
First of all, I would like to welcome everyone back from the ST:ACTD Winter Break. 2009 was a great year and the Newsfleet Division experienced several ‘first’ events that were never been tried in Newsfleet history. Some of these events were a bit touch and go, but I believed that you, the players, are what made it work out for the best. Your creativity and support never ceases to amaze me and I continue to look for that support in the coming year. It is what makes Newsfleet a truly unique Division.

In 2009, the Newsfleet Division tried several events that were never tried before. The Revelations storyline was the first ever Fleetwide event attempted by the Newsfleet Division. In one month, we had over 1000 posts across multiple ships and station. People from different ships were given a chance to meet people that they normally wouldn’t have met and they formed new friendships. I, myself, was introduced to a few players whom I now consider friends. It was a good experience and one that we may attempt again in the future. In 2009, we also upgraded our phourm software which I believe turned out pretty well.

However, as with any new experiences, we are given the opportunity to learn. The Fleetwide event had some ups and downs but many of you were able to voice your opinion in a survey given at the end of the event. These reviews were shared with management and we look forward to improving the experience. I value your opinions and I hope you will continue to share them.

Newsfleet continues to grow as a Division and it will be exciting to see what is in stored for us in 2010. Overall, Newsfleet continues to grow and gain more visibility. Our players continue to contribute articles to the ST:ACTD wiki and attend ST:ACTD wide events such as the In-Character Conference. I truly appreciate your dedication.

Also, in 2009, ST:ACTD had a change in leadership. Tim Nunan handed over the reins to Bob Baldwin. I had the pleasure of working with both of them in the past and I believe that Bob will do an excellent job. He has some plans in stored for ST:ACTD and they will make us better. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to read his welcome back announcement located at: http://odn.acalltoduty.com/news/article.php?id=843 .

2010 will be a great year and I look forward to your continued support and creativity. Each step we take together will be a learning experience for everyone, but we will get there eventually. I fully expect some things to work out for the better and some that won't, but with your continued help and support, we will continue to improve and “go boldly where no one has gone before.”

See you all on the boards!

Sincerely,

Mike Yan
Newsfleet Division Manager

----------------------------------------------
CO Captain Harvey Kirkman
SM Valdivian Station / USS Trinity
7th Fleet Manager
Newsfleet Division Manager
Player - Mike Yan
myfreakylittlefriend@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Welcome back and Happy New Year

Mike Yan1313January 10, 2010 03:12AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
Star Trek: A Call to Duty Roleplaying - Newsfleet - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 831, Posts: 110,425, Users: 7,743.
Our newest member Awossi.

This forum
Topics: 38, Posts: 42.